Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year Sunshine

One thing that never fails to bring January Joy: January Sun!
Sometimes spirits drop this time of year, when the inversion grays are constantly assaulting us with their ubiquity, when the world seems to suddenly have become a black and white television screen. January makes summer seem like a dream - a colorful, sunny dream filled with bright fresh vegetables and fruits, filled with health and vitality - so unlike the pale light and bland stored vegetables that fill these days. Its easy to start feeling pessimistic. Then dawns a day like this one... painfully frozen, but energizingly beautiful... reminding me of the sun to come. I better get started on my garden plans!
Dawn through the Gateway - the valley still frozen in night


The Sun Appears over Columbia Mountain...


Filling the Valley with Happiness



Sparkles Through the Railing




Captured Summer Sun... Rhubarb Jam

1 comment:

  1. Hey Anna! I found your blog through the link on your fb page. :)

    I would love to get together sometime to talk with you about your garden! I usually just have several containers of tomatoes and herbs, but this year I am (hopefully) going to plant a REAL garden! And since most of my gardening experience was in Oregon, where anything grows, I am looking for people with more experience to give me some advice.

    Let me know if you have some free time!

    ReplyDelete